Bill Evans Home Team
Making difficult simple
Definition: The Renovation Consultant/Inspector visits the property after the construction work items have been completed by the Contractor based on the homeowner’s Specifications of Repairs (SOR).
How to Get My Money Faster
- Homeowner and Contractor to meet before the confirmed Draw Inspection appointment
- Homeowner and Contractor to go over the blank Draw Request forms (sent by the Front Office when making the appointment)
- Homeowner and Contractor to review and discuss together
- If permits are required, Contractor needs to have a copy ready and available to give at the First Draw Inspection on site to the Consultant
- CHANGE ORDER:
- items requested by the Contractor must be written on their company letter head
- any applicable receipts needs to be sent with the company letter head
- Contractor’s invoices need to have the name of the client and property address
- Send documents to the Consultant’s email address for review
- NO WORK WILL BE DONE WITHOUT APPROVAL FROM THE LENDER
- $100 Change Order Fee (for each Change Order)
- Homeowner is responsible for Change Order fee if lender does not pay
- Work outside “Scope of Work” or SOR, homeowner is responsible to pay the Contractor
- The Borrower and Contractor must provide final inspections for any work for which applicable permits were required.
- Any disputes between the Borrower and Contractor must be resolved by the Borrower and Contractor in accordance with the provisions of the Homeowner/Contractor Agreement.
Bill Evans Home Team Draw Inspection Procedures
- Homeowner or Contractor call the office a week in advance to schedule the Draw Inspection and once the appointment date and time is confirmed, the homeowner or contractor notifies one another
- It is preferred for the Contractor and the Homeowner be at the First Draw Inspection appointment and during the continuation of the Draw Inspections of the Renovation project
- Appointments are done by the Front Office, not by the Consultant
- Scheduling is based on availability in each Consultant’s schedule book and Front Office will accommodate requests accordingly
- If permits are required for the renovation project, a hard copy needs to be available to give to the Consultant to submit with the Draw Request documents to the lender
- CANCELLATIONS: as a courtesy to other clients/contractors/homeowners who need a certain date and time appointment, if you already have an appointment and realized later you cannot make your appointment, please CALL the office immediately to cancel, so your spot will be available for the next caller. We can reschedule accordingly.
- Monday – Friday Business days: 9am-4pm.
- NOTE: Effective 1-1-18 if you are cancelling on the day of the appointment, there is a $25 cancellation fee charge. This is not part of the Draw Inspection fee. Payment comes from the Contractor or the Homeowner.